We support our clients from project inception to practical completion and final accounts. We are experienced in representing clients on disputes that not only arise during the construction phase, but also following completion of the project including the release of retention.
Our team is experienced in adjudication, arbitration and litigation, including proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and Court of Appeal.
We have expertise in mediation as a form of alternative dispute resolution.
We have expertise in advising on legal aspects of project documentation for developments in residential, commercial, education, and energy and are experienced in drafting and negotiating standard forms of contract (including JCT, NEC, and FIDIC), as well as bespoke requirements.
We can provide you with expert legal support on matters including:
- Contracts and agreements
- Pre-contract risk reviews for contractors
- Professional appointments of designers, engineers and project managers
- Collateral warranties
- Novation agreements
Advice on contentious issues
- Payment and valuation of work done
- Extension of time and any associated prolongation/loss and expense
- Suspension of work and/or termination