Our clients benefit from our working knowledge of the industry. We apply not only our experience of scrutinising complex construction documentation but also the interpretation and application of contract terms from resolving disputes.
We draft and advise on project documents to reflect your attitude to risk and underlying commercial aspects on each project.
We keep up to date on changes in the law including contract terms that have been tested by the Courts.
Contracts and agreements
- We draft contracts based on standard forms, including those published by the JCT and NEC.
- We specialise in identifying and managing risk throughout the supply chain, including sub-contractors and specialist suppliers.
- We prepare bespoke contracts, often for use on an ongoing basis.
Pre-contract risk reviews for contractors
- We advise on the degree of risk with not only standard forms, but amendments and bespoke forms of contract.
- We draft proposed amendments for our clients to negotiate a finalised contract.
Professional appointments of designers, engineers and project managers
- We prepare bespoke appointment documents for the employment of the professional team to reflect the responsibility of each team member.
- We advise on amendments to standard form appointments, such as RIBA and RICS.
- We assist in putting in place documents to create contractual responsibility where none would otherwise exist to benefit employers, purchasers, tenants, and funders.
- We advise on bespoke requirements concerning levels of insurance and step in rights.
- We draft novation agreements for professional appointments to continue smoothly from pre-novation to post novation on design and build contracts.
- We advise on responsibility for design across the novation period and put in place corresponding collateral warranties where required.
We will set a budget for fees with clients once the parameters of the work required are bottomed out. We will endeavour (and typically) complete the work on the basis of a fixed fee.