Embarking on your own project can be stressful and overwhelming. We provide support and advice in setting up domestic projects ranging from bespoke homes to refurbishment and renovation. We bring our wealth of experience and knowledge in advising contractors and professional team members to the advice we give to individuals.
We have expertise in supporting individuals embarking on self-build schemes, whether putting in place contract documentation or support with dispute resolution over common issues such as payment, defects and delay.
We can provide you with expert legal support on matters including:
- Contracts and agreements
- Pre-contract risk reviews for contractors
- Professional appointments of designers, engineers and project managers
- Collateral warranties
- Novation agreements
Advice on contentious issues
- Payment and valuation of work done
- Extension of time and any associated prolongation/loss and expense
- Suspension of work and/or termination