To support specialists in the construction sector requires a deep understanding of specialist work packages. We act for sub-contractors who are experts in their own fields ranging from groundworks, mechanical & electrical engineers and fit out specialists, to scaffolding and heavy lift plant contractors.
To understand the commercial issues around sub-contracting we draw on our experience of acting for main contractors.
We react quickly to payment disputes and are used to grasping the technical issues of the particular field of expertise.
We can provide you with expert legal support on matters including:
- Contracts and agreements
- Pre-contract risk reviews for contractors
- Professional appointments of designers, engineers and project managers
- Collateral warranties
- Novation agreements
Advice on contentious issues
- Payment and valuation of work done
- Extension of time and any associated prolongation/loss and expense
- Suspension of work and/or termination